Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Really Is Psychology

After reading my previous blog, I have come to the conclusion that I mostly wrote about the job of a psychologist instead of what psychology really was. My attempt was to get you interested on the concepts of psychology, not the career path. Thus, I am left to create another blog about what psychology is.

Have you ever wonder why humans do the things they do and how they do it? Why do we act the way we do? Why do we perceive things the way we do? Why can we remember things from when we were toddlers, yet we forget what we wore last week? Why is it harder to learn a new language as you grow older? Why and how do we fall in love? What is intelligence; can some be born smart or is it something that develops as we grow? Why do we love music so much? What is addiction, and can it be cured? What are mental disorders and can they also be cured?

All these and many other questions involving the brain are examined by the field of psychology. The study of psychology also focuses on ways that we can improve ourselves an society as a whole. Many questions that once were left to philosophers can now answered by psychology and the fields that it integrates to.

What is most interesting about psychology that is rarely seen in other fields of study is the self-discoveries that happen when you become familiar with psychology. The study of psychology is the study of you, me, and everyone you know and how we interact with each other. You learn so many things about yourself about your peers, and society that will leave you saying "oh. That why we do this".

So, if you guys have any questions about why we do something and how it is done, then you should definitely visit this blog to learn about these and many more interesting facts about yourself that you previously didn’t know.

2 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed my Psychology class when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love Psychology. Within my blog I am also writing on Neurology, Cardiology and Psychology; Along with a Herb Of The Week! (: I will gladly be following this interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete